Register for this four-week course on eventbrite at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/549473759807
This 4-week course covers topics related to wine and wine tasting, with Thursday night classes from 5:30-7:30pm on March 9, 16, 23, and 30. In each class we will taste 5 wines, fromdifferent places, different grapes, and different types. Cost of the 4-week course is $50, which coversthe wines and other materials. Minimumclass size is 10, and max 20.
The basic structure of the course is the following:
- Week 1 – Sensorial Analysis and Wine Service
- Week 2 – General Information about wine – History anddevelopment, types of grapes and wine, and production methods.
- Week 3 – Old world production areas
- Week 4 – New world production areas
About the instructor: Mauricio Marengoni is a college professor inComputer Science at Albion College. MrMarengoni was born in Sao Paulo, Brazil, and started taking courses on wine andbeer about 20 years ago. He received a Sommelier degree in wines from SenacBrazil, specialization in Brazilian wine by The Brazilian Institute of Wine(Ibravin). In addition, Mr Marengoni hasearned a Sommelier degree in beer from The Science of Beer Institute in Braziland a technical degree in beer production by Senai/Invicta in Brazil. Mr Marengoni has visited wineries in:
- The Yarra Valley in Australia,
- The Alentejo, Dão and middle Douro in Portugal,
- Bento Gonçalves, Vale do São Francisco, SerraCatarinense, and Santana do Livramento production areas in Brazil,
- Sonoma and Napa Valleys in US,
- Valle de Uco, Lujan de Cuyo in Mendoza,Argentina,
- Canelones, Rivera, and Montevideo in Uruguay,
- Maypo valley in Chile.